The Spectrum Intelligent Filter is the most powerful stereo filter effect pedal ever created. Building on almost 15 years of filter pedal technology and know-how, Spectrum is the culmination of Source Audio's finest envelope sounds and best thinking on how to easily incorporate those sounds into rigs of all types. The pedal not only features finely crafted envelope filter effects inspired by some of the most iconic and sought-after effects pedals on the market, it also includes buzzing, synth-like octave/distortion/filter effects. The pedal is a cleverly integrated, all-in-one funk/psych/electronic/jam machine. Whether you want to easily plug and play with its six carefully crafted factory sounds, browse the ever-growing Neuro library for additional sounds created by Source Audio and other Spectrum owners, or use the Neuro’s deep sound editing tools to create your own highly personalized presets, this filter pedal will satisfy the needs of any guitar, bass, keyboard, horn, or (insert your instrument here) player.
Plug In and Play
The Spectrum Intelligent Filter was designed with special attention given to the simple plug-and-play experience. Right out of the box the pedal offers easy access to tones inspired by some of the most iconic and difficult to find envelope filters effects pedals on the market. It also offers synth-like tones comprised of distorted octave and envelope phaser sounds. Because of the pedal's ALT button, the Spectrum's four knob control surface actually offers access to eight different parameters. Use the Spectrum's Input Gain, Sensitivity and Speed controls to dial in the perfect envelope response for your needs. Maybe you like a slow and smooth envelope movement while you really dig-in on the strings, or possibly you want a quick moving filter that responds to light picking - either way is achievable with the Spectrum. The Frequency, Resonance, Depth and Mix controls provide fine control over the color and character of your filter effects. Whatever your needs, the Spectrum is the most comprehensive filter effects pedal available.
- Six Onboard Presets: Choose from six different onboard envelope filter effects. Vintage sounds include effects inspired by the iconic Mu-Tron and Lovetone Meatball pedals, as well as contemporary envelopes with thumping octave-down effects and buzzing synth-like tones.
- Simple 4-Knob Control Panel: Adjust 8 different parameters with 4 knobs. Primary controls include Input Level, Modulation Depth, Frequency Starting Point, and Envelope Speed. Alternate controls (accessible by pressing the ALT button) include Envelope Sensitivity, Wet/Dry Mix, Resonance, and Output Volume.
- Excellent Envelope Filter Response: Use the Spectrum's Input Gain, Sensitivity and Speed controls to dial in the perfect envelope response for your needs. Maybe you like slow and smooth envelope movement while you really dig-in on the strings, or possibly you want a quick moving filter that responds to light picking - either way is achievable with the Spectrum.
- Growing Library of Published Presets: For quick access to a world of great tones, try sampling sounds from a vast collection of published presets created by the Source Audio team and the ever-growing Spectrum Neuro Community.
- Unprecedented Sound Sculpting Options: The powerful Neuro Desktop Editor (Free download for Mac and Windows) and Neuro Mobile App (iOS and Android) offer maximum sound exploration possibilities. Use Neuro’s additional filter, octave, and distortion blocks to create highly unique effects.
- Supreme Tracking: If tracking matters to you (and it should), you will be amazed by the lightning quick response from the Spectrum's octave effects.
- 128 MIDI Accessible Factory Presets – The addition of a third party MIDI controller with USB host provides access to any of the pedal’s 128 Factory presets.
- Stereo Inputs and Outputs: Use the Neuro Editor’s panning controls to route each Voice to any location in a full stereo spread.
- Compact Design – The durable, anodized aluminum housing has a small footprint and sturdy hardware. Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs).
- Universal Bypass – Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
- USB Port - Class compliant USB-MIDI allows the Spectrum to work as a plug-and-play device with recording software running on Mac and Windows recording software or any third party MIDI controller with USB host. The USB port also offers connectivity to the Neuro Desktop Editor providing access to deep editing possibilities and pedal firmware updates.
- External Expression and Tap Tempo Control — Use the Control Input jack with the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal (expression control to multiple parameters) or Tap Switch (adjust LFO rates on the fly).
Neuro Editor Features
- Connect the Spectrum Intelligent Filter to the Neuro Desktop Editor (a free download for Mac or Windows computers) or the Neuro Mobile App (free for iPhone and Android) and explore the power of effect downloading, customization, and sharing that comes with every One Series pedal.
- Growing Library of Published Presets: Quickly test and download sounds from the ever-expanding collection of published User Presets created by Source Audio and the rest of the Spectrum Filter/Neuro Editor Community.
- Deep Effects Editing Capabilities: Use the Neuro Desktop Editor (free download for Mac and Windows) or the Neuro Mobile App (free for iOS and Android) to create, store, and share highly customized filter effects.
- 25 Different Filters: Choose from a huge collection of filters including several types of low-pass, band pass, multi-pole, and phaser effects.
- Dual Filter Effects: Run two different envelope filters simultaneously, each with its own envelope response as well as Frequency, Depth, Direction and Q controls.
- Octave Effects: Use the Spectrum's two Octave Voices to mix in octave effects. Choose from one or two octaves down or one octave up.
- 11 Styles of Envelope Follower: Choose from 11 different types of envelope follower with adjustable attack/decay as well as ADSR triggering envelopes.
- 14 Different LFO Wave Shapes: Use LFO (Low Frequency Oscillators) to control filter modulation. Choose from eight different LFO wave shapes, including sine, square, sample and hold, saw tooth, and more.
- 13 Types of Distortion: Choose anything from a subtle drive effect to extremely fuzzy Foldback effects.
- USB Connection – Use the pedal’s mini USB port to connect the Spectrum to the Neuro Desktop Editor, which can be used to edit presets or download the latest pedal firmware.
- The Spectrum Intelligent Filter responds to MIDI Program Change (PC) and Continuous Controller (CC) messages via its mini USB port. The USB port handles communication between the Spectrum and digital audio workstations (DAW) on Mac and Windows machines as well as external MIDI controllers with USB host support (we recommend the DMC.micro from Disaster Area Designs)
- Preset Saving – Save up to 128 effect presets.
- MIDI Mapping – Use the Neuro Desktop Editor to easily map MIDI Continuous Controller (CC) messages to a comprehensive list of parameters.
- Preset Recall - Use MIDI CC numbers 103 & 104 to recall any of the Spectrum's 128 MIDI accessible presets.
- MIDI Clock – Sync the Spectrum's LFO rate with external MIDI clock messages.
- The Neuro Hub - Connect the Spectrum to the Neuro Hub and use MIDI CC messages to control parameters or recall presets.
- Note: As of Hub fw 1.18 and Spectrum fw 1.05, the Spectrum can now be added to scenes, is visible through the Hub, and can be controlled by PC messages, giving you the full access to 128 preset slots.
- Includes 9v DC power supply (300mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection.
- Power Consumption — 165mA
- USB port — Connects to Mac or Windows PC for firmware updates and the forthcoming in-depth effects editing software.
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)