The Radial BigShot ABY is a compact true-bypass ABY switcher that enables you to switch between two amplifiers or play through both amps at the same time, while eliminating buzz and hum from ground loops.
- True-bypass ABY amp selector with LED indicators
- On-board transformer to eliminate hum & buzz
- 180° polarity reverse to phase-match amps
- 100% passive audio path, does not require power
Effective control for your two-amp setup
The BigShot ABY makes it easy to run two amps on stage, without introducing noise or altering your tone. The pedal has two latching footswitches that allow you to choose which amp is active, or run through both simultaneously. The second amp output features a ground lift and an isolation transformer that can be engaged to eliminate buzz and hum from ground loops, while a 180° polarity reverse switch ensures both amps play back in phase to avoid frequency cancellation. When powered by an external 9V supply or pedalboard power brick, LEDs provide instant on-stage visual feedback - when power is unavailable, the passive audio circuit still works unaffected. Best of all, the BigShot ABY is true-bypass device, without any tone-altering buffers between the guitar and the amplifier to ensure you retain the pure tone of your instrument.
Combining two amps and a tuner
The BigShot ABY makes it easy to switch between two amps. With the built-in isolation transformer, hum and buzz caused by ground loops can be eliminated. A separate tuner out keeps this tone altering device out of the main signal path.
Using the BigShot ABY to mute your amp
You can use the BigShot ABY as a simple mute footswitch for quiet on-stage tuning. Simply depress the AB selector switch and the signal going to the amp is turned off. This keeps the signal going to the tuner output always on, allowing you to tune without bothering others.
Using the ABY to switch channels to an amp
The BigShot ABY can also be used to switch channels on older vintage amps that do not have remote switching. Simply send the OUT-A and OUT-B to the two channels on your amp and select channels as needed.
- 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift
- Input Connectors: 1/4"
- Output Connectors: Two 1/4" outputs, switchable transformer isolated from Output-B
- Extras: Tuner Output, ISO switch
- Audio circuit type: Passive, true bypass
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20KHz
- Gain: -0.3db
- Construction: 14-gauge steel
- Size (L x W x D): 3.9" x 3.6" x 2" (99 x 91.4 x 50.8mm)
- Weight: 1.25 lb (0.56 kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 6.25" x 4.25" x 3" (158.7 x 108 x 76.2mm)
- Shipping weight: 1.55 lb (0.70 kg)
- Power: 9VDC, center pole negative
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable