The Silver Face Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Bass Compressor Pedal is a studio-grade FET compressor specifically engineered for bass guitar and low frequency instruments. Based on the legendary 1176, the Cali 76 Compact Bass features high-current, low-noise, discrete Class-A circuitry and dedicated controls for side-chain filtering and parallel compression.
- Studio-grade FET compressor optimized for bass guitar and extended range instruments.
- High-current, low-noise, discrete Class-A circuitry.
- Variable side-chain filter keeps low frequencies loud and clear.
- Dry Blend control for instant parallel compression.
- Easy-to-use Attack/Release control sweeps through a range of useful sounds.
- Fully variable Ratio, Input and Output controls for precision settings.
- Classic jewel lamp functions as an intuitive three-color gain reduction meter.
- 9 to 18V operation, for increased headroom.
- Tour grade, all metal construction.
- High-impedance buffered bypass with silent switching.
- Designed and assembled by hand in England.
OPTIMISED FOR BASS
Cali76 Compact Bass is a powerful tone shaping tool that will enhance the sound and playability of your instrument. Get perfect note definition and smooth sustain, together with huge low-end clarity with a control set designed with bass guitarists in mind.
FROM STUDIO TO PEDAL
Look at any high-end studio and you’ll find at least one 1176 compressor. This iconic piece of outboard gear is the secret behind the guitar tone on many classic recordings. Inspired by the design topology and philosophy of the original, the Cali76 Compact Bass delivers the same natural, musical compression in a compact, stage-friendly pedal. After all, why should high quality compression be confined to the recording studio?
Mix your Dry signal in with your compressed tone for true parallel compression. An indispensable studio recording technique, parallel compression gives you thick compressed tone and increased sensitivity while retaining the natural dynamic expression of your playing.
Cali76 Compact Bass puts side-chain filtering at your fingertips. This is another powerful studio method that uses a variable high-pass-filter in the compressor’s level detecting side-chain to prevent the lowest bass frequencies from triggering compression, resulting in a powerful dynamic response from the lower strings while higher notes are tightly controlled, keeping slapped and popped notes and abrasive picking sounds from leaping out of the mix.
A single combined Attack/Release control provides a continuous sweep of useful settings while Individual controls for Ratio, HPF, Input and Output level offer a degree of control not normally seen on a pedal compressor. Tailor your sound from transparent transient control to flat-out limiting and monster sustain.
The rugged jewel lamp lights up when the pedal is turned on with an intuitive three-color gain reduction meter, giving easy to read feedback from a distance.
BUILT FOR THE ROAD
Housed in a hand polished, brushed stainless steel enclosure and furnished with aluminum controls, Neutrik jack sockets and heavy-duty footswitch, the Cali76 Compact Bass is at home on the road as it is in the studio.