Welcome to the EarthQuaker Devices Hummingbird Repeat Percussion tremolo v4 Pedal! The Hummingbird is a choppy, sawtooth tremolo modeled on the vintage "repeat percussion" unit and similar to those found in old Valco and Vox amplifiers.
It is capable of producing everything from classic "50s style" shimmering tremolo to a synthy, delay-like chop that turns your signal into a burst of short pings and on through to near ring modulation speeds. Simply choosing between modes 1 (slow), 2 (mid-tempo) or 3 (fast) and adjusting the rate and depth controls will unlock a whole new world of amplitude modulation at your feet. The Rate is also expression pedal accessible to allow instant changes on the fly. Using an expression pedal opens up the possibility of true random amplitude modulation!
In addition to the modulation, the Hummingbird has plenty of clean gain on-tap allowing you to either boost or cut the signal using the level control. If the Depth is turned to zero, the Hummingbird will become a JFET clean boost! The Hummingbird is all analog, true bypass and handmade one at a time on a gilded cloud in Akron, Ohio.
- Repeat Percussions / Tremolo
- Choppy, sawtooth tremolo based on vintage "repeat percussion" units
- Capable of sounds from classic shimmering "50s style" tremolo to synth-y, almost ring modulated high speed tremolo
- Three-way Mode toggle selects LFO range: position 1 is slow, 2 is midtempo, 3 is fast
- Expression pedal control over Rate parameter allows for truly random amplitude modulation
- JFET output stage boosts above unity gain to counteract perceived volume loss
- With Depth set to zero, Hummingbird doubles as JFET clean boost
- True bypass
- Silent relay-based switching*
- New flexi-switch switching allows for momentary or traditional latching operation*
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current draw: 10 mA
- The Hummingbird is all analog, true bypass and handmade one at a time on a gilded cloud in Akron, Ohio.
- Flexi-switch switching for latching or momentary control
- Silent relay-based switching
- DepthControls amount of modulation from barely there to full signal chop at full bore.
- RateControls the speed of the LFO. Clockwise for faster, counterclockwise for slower.
- LevelControls the signal input level which ultimately controls the output level. Clockwise for more, counterclockwise for less.
- ModeThree-way toggle switch which selects the range of the oscillator. Mode 1 is slow, mode 2 is mid-tempo and mode 3 is fast.
- Expression Jack: Use an expression pedal to adjust the rate with your foot! When an expression pedal is in use the Rate control is defeated. We recommend the Moog EP-3 expression pedal.
- Power: Our pedals take a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!
- Switching: This device is true bypass and uses electronic relay based switching. Audio will not pass without power. For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass. For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.