The EarthQuaker Devices Hoof Fuzz v2 Pedal is loosely based on the classic green Russian muff-style fuzz circuit, and features a hybrid Germanium / Silicon design, pairing maximum tone with maximum temperature stability not found in finicky and expensive vintage units. We hand-match our NOS Germanium transistors to exacting specifications for pedal-to-pedal consistency, taking the guesswork out of your fuzz purchase, and guaranteeing that your Hoof delivers the same smooth, natural, and harmonically rich sustain as all your friends’ Hoofs. All your friends have Hoof fuzzes, right?
The Hoof has a wide gain range, providing everything from dirty and organic amp-like overdrive, to monstrous fuzz madness. This, paired with the “Shift” control allows you total tonal access, as the “Shift” knob works with the “Tone” control to alter the overall frequency response of the Hoof.
Use the “Shift” to boost the highs for a glassy, cutting top-end; use it to cut out some low-mid mud; use it to add some thick stoner rock sludge; use it on bass; use it to combat the muff-style fuzz’s notorious “mid scoop;” use it however you’d like, just use it! The Hoof’s distinctive, fuzzy character is tight and controlled without sacrificing any “guts,” so to speak, so even the gnarliest fuzz tones will sit well in the mix.
Earthquaker pedals take a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!
The Hoof fuzz is all-analog, true bypass, and built one-at-a-time by real life human beans with four fingers and a thumb waiting in line for the horsey rides at the rustic frontierland amusement park of Akron, Ohio, USA. (The Official Center of the Universe.)
- Hybrid germanium / silicon circuitry
- Hand tested NOS germanium transistors
- “Shift” knob selects center frequency of the “Tone” control
- Silent soft-touch switching
- All-analog dry signal path
- Built one-at-a-time by real life human beans with four fingers and a thumb waiting in line for the horsey rides at the rustic frontierland amusement park of Akron, Ohio, USA. (The Official Center of the Universe)
- Lifetime guarantee
- Fuzz: Clockwise for heavy, counterclockwise for light.
- Tone: Bass to the left, Treble to the right.
- Level: Controls the output level.
- Shift: Adjust the mid content. Clockwise for classic scooped mids, counterclockwise for the more modern cutting mids all the kids love.
- Dimensions with Knobs: 4.625 x 2.5 x 2.25”
- Power: Current draw is 3 mA