The BluGuitar Amp1 Mercury Edition 100 Watt Guitar Amplifier Pedal has grown in popularity since its release, and the global user community around professional guitarists such as Jennifer Batten, Uli Jon Roth, Kat Dyson and Ian Crichton is growing steadily. The revolutionary Nanotube technology, which is in no way inferior to classic boutique tube amps in terms of authentic sound and real feel, has set a new standard for guitar amplifiers: an amp that meets the demands of a professional guitarist on stage and in the studio, but that does it is so small and light that you can always have it with you in the glove compartment or gigbag.
VERSATILE & LOUD
A wide range of sounds from jazz to metal in top quality, the enormous power and character of old tube amps without losses or compromises in a compact housing, a concept with all important functions and without unnecessary bells and whistles, the purists as well as programming freaks equally satisfied - this guitarist's dream is called BluGuitar AMP1 Mercury Edition : four expressive channels with pure tone, paired with 100 watt pure tube tone power!
HANDY & FLEXIBLE You can have
your AMP1 Mercury Edition with you anywhere and anytime , just like that in a gigbag. It is extremely handy and very light. So that everything goes quickly before and after the gig, you can attach the AMP1 Mercury Edition with EASYLOCK - the magnetic fastening system from BluGuitar - to pedalboards or guitar boxes with a single movement and remove it again. With the REMOTE1 floorboard, you can expand the AMP1 Mercury Edition into a fully programmable amp system - including adjustable PowerSoak, 2nd MASTER, GAIN and MIDI. The AMP1 Mercury Edition offers you maximum handiness and tonal flexibility.
The AMP1 Mercury Edition is not a " leveler ". It offers you all the possibilities to find your personal tone without getting lost in the "jungle" of countless functions.
If you only need two basic sounds, the AMP1 Mercury Edition is the perfect choice . If you want to play several sounds, the REMOTE1 offers you a lot of possibilities. If you also want to integrate your favorite pedals into your AMP1 Mercury Edition setup, the REMOTE1 can be expanded with the LOOPERKIT into a fully programmable switching system with four true bypass relay loops. You choose what you need.
The Expert Features of the AMP1 Mercury Edition are functionalities that individually expand the regular range of functions of the amp. They include the following functions:
- Half Power Mode (operating mode with 50 watt output power)
- Preset Mode (mode for recalling previously saved presets)
- Low Gain Mode (mode with reduced gain for vintage freaks)
- Individual Channel Gain (setting and saving an individual gain value per channel)
- FX LOOP on / off (switchability of the FX loop)
In the following we explain the basic functions and the benefits of the Expert Features and show you how to activate them. More detailed information, detailed instructions and tutorial videos on the Expert Features of the AMP1 Mercury Edition can be found here: AMP1 Mercury Edition Expert Features.
STARTUP MODES: HALF POWER MODE / PRESET MODE / LOW GAIN MODE
In addition to the standard mode (or normal mode), in which it is in the delivery state, you can start the AMP1 Mercury Edition in various operating modes:
- In Half Power Mode, the output power of the AMP1 Mercury Edition is reduced to 50 watts, so that you can play a 60W loudspeaker box (e.g. BluGuitar NANOCAB or FATCAB) with full nanotube saturation. To do this, hold down the left foot switch while you switch on the AMP1 Mercury Edition.
- In Preset Mode, previously saved presets, in which the settings for CHANNEL, BOOST, REVERB and FX-LOOP ON / OFF are saved, are called up via the three foot switches of the AMP1 Mercury Edition. To do this, hold down the right foot switch while you switch on the AMP1 Mercury Edition.
- In low gain mode, the gain is reduced on all channels. This allows you to create sounds like those known from the "LOW" input on vintage amps. To do this, hold down the middle footswitch while you turn on the AMP1 Mercury Edition.
INDIVIDUAL CHANNEL GAIN
With the help of REMOTE1 and depending on the position of the overdrive gain potentiometer on the AMP1 Mercury Edition, the gain can be reduced individually for each channel . To do this, first connect the REMOTE1 to the AMP1 Mercury Edition. Then select a channel on the REMOTE1 and set the desired maximum gain: Hold down BOOST on the REMOTE1 until the switch starts to flash. Now you can set the desired maximum gain with the rotary knob of the REMOTE1. To save this value in the AMP1 Mercury Edition, hold down the middle foot switchon the AMP1 for three seconds and then confirm with the right foot switch.
FX-LOOP ON / OFF
In a midi setup using the MIDI1 adapter, the FX loop of the AMP1 Mercury Edition can be switched on and off via a control change command. If your MIDI setup cannot send control changes or if you are not using MIDI at all, you have the option of switching the FX loop on and off directly on the AMP1 Mercury Edition . If necessary, pull off the MIDI1 adapter, hold down the middle foot switch for 3 seconds and switch the FX-LOOP on and off with the right foot switch. The respective switching status can then either be saved in a MIDI preset via MIDI LEARN (please reconnect the MIDI1!) Or in a preset on one of the three internal foot switches of the AMP1 Mercury Edition.
- Channels: 4 channels: Clean, Vintage, Classic, Modern
- Output line: 100 watts / 50 watts (half power mode)
- Effects: Boost, reverb (programmable), 2-stage noise gate
- Effect loops: serial / parallel, + 4 / -10dB switchable
- Switching: Clean / Overdrive, Boost, Reverb, alternatively: 3 user presets
- MIDI: optionally with MIDI1 adapter
- Special Features: Custom Control, 2ND Master *, PowerSoak *, programmable switching functions *
- Speaker Out: Out: 1 x 8 ohm, 1 x 16 ohm
- Recording Out: Headphones Out / Recording Out, Silent Recording
- Tension: AC 100-240V
- Dimensions: 245 x 68 x 192 mm
- Weight: 1.2kg / 2lb
- Scope of delivery: Carrying case, power cord