The Gamechanger Audio Bigsby is a polyphonic pitch shifter pedal enables you to achieve string bending and vibrato effects just like a BIGSBY Tremolo arm, but without any of the hassle. Make those solos truly soar with this ultimate game-changing pedal!
The idea to create a BIGSBY-style pitch-shifting pedal was born out of a long-standing admiration for the BIGSBY system’s unique feel, sound and design. Now, after a two-year-long design and development period, we are proud to unveil what we believe is one of the most capable and inspiring pitch-shifting tools currently on the market.
Gamechanger Audio Bigsby Pedal Features
- An LFO enabled mode that controls the pitch while the foot-pedal controls the depth
- A blend control that allows for dynamic chorus and harmonizer sounds
- External footswitch input makes it possible to use the pedal in the latching mode for typical pitch-shifter, octave, detune and chorus functionalities
- Expression output gives the pedal control over other audio gear, either in conjunction with or separately from pitch-shifting
- The Expression output allows you to use the BIGSBY as a unique spring-loaded Expression Controller with fully adjustable DEPTH, RATE and OFFSET controls – for modulating any expression parameters of other pedals and effects units (via a TRS 1/4” jack cable).
- The BIGSBY Pedal’s Expression Output can be used either in parallel with or independently from the pitch-shifting algorithm
- Full MIDI CC and PC control over all parameters, preset recalling, and clock syncing (connected with a 3.5mm type B connector)
- MIDI allows you to control all functions of the BIGSBY Pedal via CC messages, as well as creating and saving presets onto 10 preset slots, syncing the RATE Parameter to a specific tempo (with subdivisions), and more
- The BIGSBY Pedal’s FSW IN connector is compatible with all standard momentary or toggle type footswitches with a TS (Tip/Sleeve) 1⁄4” jack (normally closed or normally open). You can also use a dual-latching footswitch with a TRS jack – in this case, only one side of the footswitch will work.
- LATCH mode. When latched, the BIGSBY will hold a constant interval determined by the current position of the DEPTH knob – this way you don’t have to hold down the BIGSBY Pedal for long phrases. (When in LATCH mode you can still use the BIGSBY’s foot-pedal to make momentary dives and detune effects up to two semitones)
- Pressing the opposite side of the foot-pedal will flip the direction of the pitch shift
Powered by the formidable SHARC Audio Processor, the BIGSBY Pedal runs a hybrid algorithm specifically developed by Gamechanger Audio to achieve smooth polyphonic real-time pitch-shifting at low intervals. It has been painstakingly tweaked to preserve the natural timbre and sound of electric and acoustic string instruments, including baritone and bass guitars, guitars, mandolins, banjos, etc.
The unique spring-loaded foot-pedal design makes it possible to incorporate pitch-shifting into your playing in new and creative ways. The BIGSBY pedal is always on; the only thing you need to do to activate it is to step on the foot-pedal. The algorithm ensures that transitions between the DRY and WET (pitched) signals are as smooth as possible, allowing you to seamlessly incorporate pitch-bends into complex picking patterns as well as lead and melodic lines. This opens the door to a world of new strumming patterns, bend combinations and beautiful lap-steel and slide-inspired licks that cannot be achieved with traditional tremolo systems
Another key component of the BIGSBY Pedal’s sound is the DETUNE parameter, another carefully crafted algorithm that is designed to emulate the imperfections and dissonant properties of traditional mechanical string-bending hardware. As a result, the vibrato effects produced by the BIGSBY Pedal are almost indistinguishable from those of a conventional tremolo
The BIGSBY Pedal combines the tremolo arm pitch-bend emulation with a unique set of features and modes that can take this pedal much further than a simple pitch bend.